This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 1715-5 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while trying to install Office 2013 and could not uninstall Office 365 or after updating Office. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error code 1715-5 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2 Run Disk Cleanup on your PC
1. Goto My Computer. Right click on Operating System drive and click on Properties.
2. Click on Disk Cleanupoption button.
3. Drive Selection Box will open up. Select the OS drive and Press OK.
4. Tick all the check boxes and Press OK.
Step 3 Check System Integrity:
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter CMD and Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process.
In most cases error code 1715-5 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
Recently Added Errors:
admin February 27th, 2016
Posted In: Microsoft Office Errors