This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 30015-4 (1006) if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error while installing/uninstalling office. This solutions applies for Office 365, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office home and student, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error 30015-4 (1006) generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
You will receive an Error Message while uninstalling/installing Microsoft Office
System takes longer time to boot
Ms Office Application Will Stop.
Cause of 30015-4 (1006) Error Code
Corrupt System Files
Slow Internet Connection
Microsoft office internal Application Conflict
Steps to resolve Error Code 30015-4 (1006)
The steps given below should be followed under strict supervision of a Computer Expert. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your PC following the steps. All the steps given above are indicative and should resolve the problem in most cases. You can contact our 24×7 technical support for guaranteed resolution of the issue.
Step 1 Disable Proxy:
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter CMD and Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
1. In Start Search box type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 3 How to do Disk cleanup:
1. In Start Search box type the “Cleanmgr” (without qoutes)
2. Select Disk Cleanup.
3. Drive Selection Box will open up. Select your Operating System drive and Click OK.
4. Tick all the check boxes and Press OK.
In most cases error code 30015-4 (1006) should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Technical Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.