This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office Error code 30170-4 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error during office installation. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error 30170-4 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
You will get errors while installing Microsoft Office. The error may look like “Something went wrong. Sorry we ran into a problem”
Slows down overall system performance
Ms Office Application Will Stop.
Cause of 30170-4 Error Code
Corrupt Ms Office installation files
Slow ISP Connection
Junk store location contains active malware
Steps to resolve Error Code 30170-4
The steps given below should be followed under strict supervision of a Computer Expert. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your PC following the steps. All the steps given above are indicative and should resolve the problem in most cases. You can contact our 24×7 technical support for guaranteed resolution of the issue.
Step 1 Verify Internet Settings :
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter inetcpl.cpl and Press OK.
3. Hold Alt+T and Select Internet Options
4. Select Security Tab and Click on “Reset all zones to default level” if the button is active.
5. Press OK.
Step 2 Run Disk Cleanup Wizard
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialog Box will pop up.
2. Enter the command Cleanmgr and Hit Enter key.
3. Drive Selection Box will open up. Select your Operating System drive and Press OK.
4. Tick all the check boxes and Press OK.
Step 3 Check Windows Firewall Settings :
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases error code 30170-4 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Technical Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.