This document explains how to fix Microsoft Office connectivity Error code 403-4 if it is not working correctly or throwing an unexpected error. This solutions applies for Office Home, Office Personal, Office University, Office Academy, Office for business, Office Professional, Office Professional Plus, Office 365, Office 2013, and Office 2016. The error 403-4 generally occurs while installing Office, Upgrading office, Opening Office, launching Office, removing/uninstalling Microsoft office or while applying windows updates. This error applies to all Microsoft office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Project, Publisher, Visio, Infopath) and the error generally occurs in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and other Microsoft Windows Editions.
You will receive an Error Message while opening/installing Ms Office
Slow Overall System Performance
Microsoft Office Application Will Stop.
Cause of 403-4 Error Code
Corrupt Office application files
Windows Firewall blocking the installation
Temp files location is infected with active malware
How to fix Error Code 403-4
The steps given below should be followed under strict supervision of a Computer Expert. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your PC following the steps. All the steps given above are indicative and should resolve the problem in most cases. You can contact our 24×7 technical support for guaranteed resolution of the issue.
Step 1 Get Rid of Unwanted Junk Files
1. Goto My Computer. Right click on System drive and select Properties.
2. Click on Disk Cleanupoption button.
3. Drive Selection Box will pop up. Select the OS drive and Press OK.
4. Tick all the check boxes and Click OK.
Step 2 Check Windows Firewall Settings :
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases error code 403-4 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Technical Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.