How to Resolve Error Code 80246010 in Windows-10-8-7
This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 80246010 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 22 updates Error(s) found: Code 80246010 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows log.dll, version: 3.7.3516.35256
Exception code: 0xa06c891c
Fault offset: 0xb06b589d
Faulting process ID: 0×446
Faulting application start time: 0x800g7c63538255
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: a8e92d21-4611-76f7-7551-1976bae6e646
Also Known as
WindowsUpdate_something went wrong
fehler code `, foutcode 80246010, fejlkode 80246010, code d’erreur 80246010, codice di errore 80246010, feil kode 80246010, cod de eroare 80246010, código de error 80246010
Cause of 80246010 Windows Update Error Code
Slow ISP Connection
Temporary Internet store location contains active malware
Steps to resolve Windows Error 80246010
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting :
1. In Start Search box type Firewall.cpl
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Check if your network is behind Proxy:
1. In Start Searchbox type CMD
2. Click on CMD.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code 80246010 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.