This document explains how to fix kb2267602 Error Code in Windows Update if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 75 updates Error(s) found: Code kb2267602 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows update.dll, version: 1.4.9832.40322
Exception code: 0xe01e570d
Fault offset: 0xa05a160e
Faulting process ID: 0×914
Faulting application start time: 0x800e8a25127801
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: b1e37c74-1468-24e4-7543-1465ega3e492
Also Known as
fehler code `, foutcode kb2267602, fejlkode kb2267602, code d’erreur kb2267602, codice di errore kb2267602, feil kode kb2267602, cod de eroare kb2267602, código de error kb2267602
Cause of kb2267602 Windows Update Error Code
System is infected with Virus/Adware
Temporary store location is infected with active threat
How to Resolve Windows Error Code kb2267602
Step 1: Check Proxy Settings:
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type CMD and Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
Step 2:Check Windows Firewall Settings :
1. Press Win Key + R and Enter Firewall.cpl
2. Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code kb2267602 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.