This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error code 0x8004010B if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error message may look like: ‘Sending’ reported error (0x8004010B) : ‘Unknown Error 0x8004010B‘
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
Temporary Internet files location is infected with active malware
Steps to resolve Outlook Error Code 0x8004010B
Step 1: Temporarily Disable any installed 3rd Party Antivirus
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft office installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
Step 2:Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases Outlook error code 0x8004010B should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an Expert Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.