This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error code 0x800CCCOB if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error message may look like:
An unknown error has occurred. Subject ‘test’, Account: ‘XXX’, Server: ‘XXXXXXX’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
Step 2:Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases Outlook error 0x800CCCOB should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.