This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error code 0x800cccoe if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error message may look like:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: “Hotmail” Server: “Pop3.live.com”. Protocol: POP3. Port: 110 Secure[SSL]; No. Socket Error: 10013
Error number: 0x800CCC0E.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
Microsoft Office (2013/365/2016)
Error InformationError Descripton
Error 0x800cccoe Outlook Overview
Total Incidents Recorded
Issues Resolved (Percentage)
Also Known as
Outlook fehler code 0x800cccoe, foutcode 0x800cccoe, fejlkode 0x800cccoe, code d’erreur 0x800cccoe, codice di errore 0x800cccoe, feil kode 0x800cccoe, cod de eroare 0x800cccoe, código de error 0x800cccoe
0x800cccoe Error Code Log
Avg. Time to Resolve Issue
Microsoft Outlook <version> 8.12
Windows update Conflict
Faulting Application Name: Microsoft Outlook <Application name>, version: 8.6.1404.46074, time stamp: 0×85162694
Faulting module name: Outlook error.dll, version: 2.4.9224.11919
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting :
1. Press Windows Key + R and Enter “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Disable Proxy:
1. Press Win Key + R and Enter “CMD” (without quotes)
2. Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
In most cases Outlook error 0x800cccoe should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.