This document explains how to fix Microsoft Outlook error 702 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating, launching/opening, performing action like sending or receiving emails, configuring emails etc.
The error may look like:
Error 702: A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for this connection.
The connection was lost. Please try again later. If the problem persist, please contact customer service. (702)
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Outlook:
1. In Start Search box type Firewall.cpl
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Check if your network is behind Proxy
1. Press down Win Key + R and Enter CMD
2. Hit Enter key
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
In most cases Outlook error code 702 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Outlook Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.