This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 0x8004100E if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like:
– Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Installation was not successful. 0x8004100E
– Upgrade of Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 1511 terminates with error code 8004100E
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 87 updates
Error(s) found: Code 0x8004100E Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Step 1: Check Windows Firewall Settings
1. In Start Search box type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Check System Integrity
1. In Start Searchbox type Cmd
2. Click on CMD
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
You can contact our 24×7 customer Live Technician for any help during the whole process.
In most cases Microsoft Windows update error code 0x8004100E should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
admin April 13th, 2016
Posted In: Microsoft Windows