Windows Update Error 0x800706b5 | How to fix Steps
This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 0X800706B5 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 51 updates
-Kb836941 Error(s) found: Code 0X800706B5 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
– The interface is unknown 0x800706B5
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows error.dll, version: 2.3.2449.68545
Exception code: 0xc07e940d
Fault offset: 0xa03g626f
Faulting process ID: 0×720
Faulting application start time: 0x800b5c81442061
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: c9b28e51-4246-37b4-3312-3147aeg2a959
Also Known as
fehler code 0X800706B5, foutcode 0X800706B5, fejlkode 0X800706B5, code d’erreur 0X800706B5, codice di errore 0X800706B5, feil kode 0X800706B5, cod de eroare 0X800706B5, código de error 0X800706B5
Cause of 0X800706B5 Windows Update Error Code
Incompatible Internet proxy configuration
Temp store location is infected with active threat
How to Resolve Windows Error 0X800706B5
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
1. Hold Windows Key + R and Type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Check Proxy Server Settings
1. In Start Searchbox type “CMD” (without qoutes)
2. Click on CMD.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error 0X800706B5 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.