Windows Update Error 0x80d02002 | How to fix Steps
This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 0X80D02002 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad – Error 0x80070103
– fbl_impressive Core 10130 – Error 0x80d02002- Some updated were not installed. Failed: 82 updates Error(s) found: Code 0X80D02002 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows update.dll, version: 1.5.1384.25456
Exception code: 0xb01a851a
Fault offset: 0xa02a247b
Faulting process ID: 0×290
Faulting application start time: 0x800d1f80696373
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: c5d39f31-3979-73d2-5658-8955eeb6b573
Also Known as
fehler code 0X80D02002, foutcode 0X80D02002, fejlkode 0X80D02002, code d’erreur 0X80D02002, codice di errore 0X80D02002, feil kode 0X80D02002, cod de eroare 0X80D02002, código de error 0X80D02002
Cause of 0X80D02002 Windows Update Error Code
Junk files location contains active threat
How to Resolve Windows Error 0X80D02002
Step 1: Check Windows Firewall :
1. Press Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error 0X80D02002 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.