This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 0XC000000F if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like:
– Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 39 updates – Always shows a blue screen with the following error message.
– Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause.
You’ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don’t have any installation media (like a disk or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacture.
Error(s) found: Code 0XC000000F Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases Microsoft Windows update error 0XC000000F should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
admin April 13th, 2016
Posted In: Microsoft Windows