This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 80004005 or 0x80004005 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 49 updates KB2667402, KB2789650, KB 2729094, KB3093266 Error(s) found: Code 80004005 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows update.dll, version: 3.4.9588.11861
Exception code: 0xc05c741d
Fault offset: 0xc01c770e
Faulting process ID: 0×841
Faulting application start time: 0x800e6c11081449
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: d2d53e65-6795-26b2-6523-2683bdb4e787
Also Known as
fehler code 80004005, foutcode 80004005, fejlkode 80004005, code d’erreur 80004005, codice di errore 80004005, feil kode 80004005, cod de eroare 80004005, código de error 80004005
Cause of 80004005 Windows Update Error Code
Windows Firewall blocking the installation
Temp store location is infected with active malware
How to Resolve Windows Error 80004005
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
1. In Start Search box type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Check System Integrity
1. In Start Searchbox type “CMD” (without quotes)
2. Click on CMD
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “operating system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code 80004005 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.