This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 80010108 or 0x80010108 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 29 updates -KB3003743
-kb929135 Error(s) found: Code 80010108 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows log.dll, version: 4.5.1917.52498
Exception code: 0xc09e510e
Fault offset: 0xe06e019c
Faulting process ID: 0×338
Faulting application start time: 0x800c4c49968895
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: f6e44a18-8831-31e5-2541-2591bfb9b164
Also Known as
fehler code 80010108, foutcode 80010108, fejlkode 80010108, code d’erreur 80010108, codice di errore 80010108, feil kode 80010108, cod de eroare 80010108, código de error 80010108
Cause of 80010108 Windows Update Error Code
Internet connectivity issue
Temporary store location contains active threat
How to Resolve Windows Error 80010108
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily :
1. In Start Search box type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Disable Proxy
1. Hold down Win Key + R and Enter CMD
2. Hit Enter key
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error 80010108 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.