This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 8004FF83 or 0x8004FF83 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 25 updates KB2691905. – Error 8004FF83 installing Microsoft Security Essentials Update Error(s) found: Code 8004FF83 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows log.dll, version: 6.7.6497.79238
Exception code: 0xb04d509e
Fault offset: 0xe02c684e
Faulting process ID: 0×948
Faulting application start time: 0x800e2d54480982
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: d1a84g33-8211-54d5-5294-9982cee5f484
Also Known as
fehler code 8004FF83, foutcode 8004FF83, fejlkode 8004FF83, code d’erreur 8004FF83, codice di errore 8004FF83, feil kode 8004FF83, cod de eroare 8004FF83, código de error 8004FF83
Cause of 8004FF83 Windows Update Error Code
System Level Conflict
How to fix Windows Error Code 8004FF83
Step 1: Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
Step 2:Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter Firewall.cpl and Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code 8004FF83 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.