Windows Update Error 80070002-20009 | How to fix Steps
This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 80070002-20009 or 0x80070002-20009 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 45 updates Error(s) found: Code 80070002-20009 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows log.dll, version: 8.7.9224.40050
Exception code: 0xe04b041a
Fault offset: 0xd09d946c
Faulting process ID: 0×229
Faulting application start time: 0x800g1e24916444
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: c2e54e29-6759-43a6-2956-7748aee2e215
Also Known as
fehler code 80070002-20009, foutcode 80070002-20009, fejlkode 80070002-20009, code d’erreur 80070002-20009, codice di errore 80070002-20009, feil kode 80070002-20009, cod de eroare 80070002-20009, código de error 80070002-20009
Cause of 80070002-20009 Windows Update Error Code
Temporary Internet files location is infected with active malware
How to fix Windows Error 80070002-20009
Step 1: Check Windows Firewall :
1. Press Win Key + R and Type Firewall.cpl
2. Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Check for system corruption:
1. In Start Searchbox type “cmd” (without quotes)
2. Click on CMD
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “operating system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code 80070002-20009 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.