Windows Update Error 80070004-4000d | How to fix Steps
This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 80070004-4000D or 0x80070004-4000D if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Windows update ran into a problem.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 23 updates Error(s) found: Code 80070004-4000D Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows event.dll, version: 5.1.5065.21508
Exception code: 0xc07c868a
Fault offset: 0xb08c145a
Faulting process ID: 0×942
Faulting application start time: 0x800e2c41559926
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: f5c99e83-3954-16g4-1944-2991bac3c116
Also Known as
fehler code 80070004-4000D, foutcode 80070004-4000D, fejlkode 80070004-4000D, code d’erreur 80070004-4000D, codice di errore 80070004-4000D, feil kode 80070004-4000D, cod de eroare 80070004-4000D, código de error 80070004-4000D
Cause of 80070004 4000D Windows Update Error Code
Temporary store location contains active malware
How to Resolve Windows Error 80070004-4000D
Step 1: Verify Windows Firewall Settings :
1. In Start Search box type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Check System Integrity:
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter CMD and Click OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error 80070004-4000D should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.