Windows Update Error 8007002c-4000d | How to fix Steps
This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 8007002C-4000D or 0x8007002C-4000D if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 94 updates Error(s) found: Code 8007002C-4000D Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows error.dll, version: 1.3.7533.85957
Exception code: 0xd03c467d
Fault offset: 0xe01d516a
Faulting process ID: 0×244
Faulting application start time: 0x800e9f97277483
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: e9a61c54-2731-86c3-7998-2776aee1b656
Also Known as
fehler code 8007002C-4000D, foutcode 8007002C-4000D, fejlkode 8007002C-4000D, code d’erreur 8007002C-4000D, codice di errore 8007002C-4000D, feil kode 8007002C-4000D, cod de eroare 8007002C-4000D, código de error 8007002C-4000D
Cause of 8007002C-4000D Windows Update Error Code
System is infected with Virus/Adware
System Level Conflict
How to Resolve Windows Error 8007002C-4000D
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily :
1. Press Windows Key + R and Type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Check for corrupt system files:
1. In Start Searchbox type “CMD” (without quotes)
2. Click on CMD
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “operating system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error 8007002C-4000D should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.