This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 8007007E or 0x8007007E if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 48 updates
– Update for Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2685811) Installation status: Failed
– Unable to install Windows update Error: 80246002 Error(s) found: Code 8007007E Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows log.dll, version: 9.6.3922.55152
Exception code: 0xb04d857d
Fault offset: 0xb01f208c
Faulting process ID: 0×701
Faulting application start time: 0x800b6g32502418
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: d5b99b76-1283-51b3-1984-7839egd5d389
Also Known as
fehler code 8007007E, foutcode 8007007E, fejlkode 8007007E, code d’erreur 8007007E, codice di errore 8007007E, feil kode 8007007E, cod de eroare 8007007E, código de error 8007007E
Cause of 8007007E Windows Update Error Code
Temp files location is infected with active threat
Steps to resolve Windows Error Code 8007007E
Step 1: Temporarily Disable any installed 3rd Party Antivirus:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
Step 2:Check Windows Firewall :
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Type Firewall.cpl and Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code 8007007E should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.