This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 800705B4 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 82 updates – KB915597, KB976932 Error(s) found: Code 800705B4 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows event.dll, version: 7.9.4974.90389
Exception code: 0xd01f845d
Fault offset: 0xb07b079b
Faulting process ID: 0×662
Faulting application start time: 0x800a2b30497953
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: d6f52g43-8624-92g6-4648-6894adc5e438
Also Known as
fehler code 800705B4, foutcode 800705B4, fejlkode 800705B4, code d’erreur 800705B4, codice di errore 800705B4, feil kode 800705B4, cod de eroare 800705B4, código de error 800705B4
Cause of 800705B4 Windows Update Error Code
Temp files location contains active malware
How to fix Windows Error 800705B4
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting
1. Hold Windows Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Check for corrupt system files
1. In Start Searchbox type Cmd
2. Click on CMD
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “operating system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error 800705B4 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.