This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 80070663 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 75 updates – KB2817631
– The detection failed, this can be due to a corrupted installation database – Error(s) found: Code 80070663 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows error.dll, version: 9.5.5936.00661
Exception code: 0xe05f975a
Fault offset: 0xc03d653e
Faulting process ID: 0×739
Faulting application start time: 0x800g9e28388779
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: d9d76e93-2927-18a2-1677-3233bbe7e278
Also Known as
fehler code 80070663, foutcode 80070663, fejlkode 80070663, code d’erreur 80070663, codice di errore 80070663, feil kode 80070663, cod de eroare 80070663, código de error 80070663
Cause of 80070663 Windows Update Error Code
Internet connectivity issue
System DLL files conflict
Steps to resolve Windows Error Code 80070663
Step 1: Check Windows Firewall
1. In Start Search box type Windows Firewall
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code 80070663 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.