This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 8007643 or 0x8007643 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 25 updates KB976982, KB2952664, Error(s) found: Code 8007643 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows log.dll, version: 6.4.4636.61469
Exception code: 0xe09a497b
Fault offset: 0xe01b180b
Faulting process ID: 0×882
Faulting application start time: 0x800c0g62393059
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: c2g38e74-5259-19a7-9153-1373ebf7g151
Also Known as
fehler code 8007643, foutcode 8007643, fejlkode 8007643, code d’erreur 8007643, codice di errore 8007643, feil kode 8007643, cod de eroare 8007643, código de error 8007643
Cause of 8007643 Windows Update Error Code
Internet connectivity issue
System DLL files conflict
Steps to resolve Windows Error 8007643
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily :
1. Hold Windows Key + R and Type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Check System Integrity:
1. Press Windows Key + R and Type cmd
2. Press OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “system” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code 8007643 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.