This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 8020002E if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like:
– Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 78 updates
– Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
– Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808735)
– Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2799926)
Error(s) found: Code 8020002E Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Step 1: Check if your network is behind Proxy
1. Hold down Win Key + R and Type CMD
2. Click OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
You can contact our 24×7 Live support for any help during the whole process.
Step 2: Check Windows Firewall :
1. Hold Win Key + R and Type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK.
Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases Microsoft Windows update error code 8020002E should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
admin April 13th, 2016
Posted In: Microsoft Windows