This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 80200059 or 0x80200059 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 43 updates – KB980302 Error(s) found: Code 80200059 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows error.dll, version: 2.4.6989.40974
Exception code: 0xb08c658b
Fault offset: 0xb06f595b
Faulting process ID: 0×000
Faulting application start time: 0x800a7a51857132
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: c7b46f33-9717-35e4-8651-5119eee4e584
Also Known as
fehler code 80200059, foutcode 80200059, fejlkode 80200059, code d’erreur 80200059, codice di errore 80200059, feil kode 80200059, cod de eroare 80200059, código de error 80200059
Cause of 80200059 Windows Update Error Code
System Level Conflict
How to fix Windows Error Code 80200059
Step 1: Temporarily Disable any installed 3rd Party Antivirus
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
Step 2:Check Windows Firewall
1. Hold Windows Key + R and Enter “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error 80200059 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.