This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 80200560 or 0x80200560 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 78 – Updates KB3000850, KB890830, KB308033 Error(s) found: Code 8020056 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows error.dll, version: 6.3.0012.49317
Exception code: 0xa05d250b
Fault offset: 0xc04c025e
Faulting process ID: 0×749
Faulting application start time: 0x800a4f50861619
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: a6e53g23-5845-43c5-1718-8843dge6a675
Also Known as
fehler code 8020056, foutcode 8020056, fejlkode 8020056, code d’erreur 8020056, codice di errore 8020056, feil kode 8020056, cod de eroare 8020056, código de error 8020056
Cause of 8020056 Windows Update Error Code
Temporary store location is infected with active malware
How to Resolve Windows Error Code 8020056
Step 1: Temporarily Disable any installed 3rd Party Antivirus
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
Step 2: Check Windows Firewall
1. In Start Search box type Firewall.cpl
2. Click on Windows Firewall.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error 8020056 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.