This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 80240438 or 0x80240438 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 44 updates – kb2889784
– There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help – (0x80240438).
Error(s) found: Code 80240438 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows event.dll, version: 4.2.9726.20076
Exception code: 0xb06a698d
Fault offset: 0xb09f093g
Faulting process ID: 0×966
Faulting application start time: 0x800e1b90134533
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: b5d47g54-9165-88g3-7125-2932eab8c681
Also Known as
fehler code 80240438, foutcode 80240438, fejlkode 80240438, code d’erreur 80240438, codice di errore 80240438, feil kode 80240438, cod de eroare 80240438, código de error 80240438
Cause of 80240438 Windows Update Error Code
Incompatible Internet proxy configuration
System DLL files conflict
How to Resolve Windows Error 80240438
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily:
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code 80240438 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.