This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code 8024401F or 0x8024401F if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 77 updates – Windows update KB2919355 Error(s) found: Code 8024401F Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Step 2:Verify Windows Firewall Settings
1. Press Win Key + R and Type Firewall.cpl
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code 8024401F should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.