This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error 8024601C or 8024601C if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 87 updates Error(s) found: Code 8024601C Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows error.dll, version: 7.2.5221.71851
Exception code: 0xe02e154a
Fault offset: 0xa06d137e
Faulting process ID: 0×601
Faulting application start time: 0x800a8c10111904
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: e9a87g42-2723-52f4-3794-7525bbg1a959
Also Known as
fehler code 8024601C, foutcode 8024601C, fejlkode 8024601C, code d’erreur 8024601C, codice di errore 8024601C, feil kode 8024601C, cod de eroare 8024601C, código de error 8024601C
Cause of 8024601C Windows Update Error Code
Temp store location contains active malware
How to Resolve Windows Error 8024601C
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting
1. Press Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter Firewall.cpl and Press OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Check if your network is behind Proxy
1. Hold Win Key + R. Run Dialogue Box will open up.
2. Enter CMD and Click OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press ctrl+c and press ctrl+v in command prompt)
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
If you get the message “Direct Access (no proxy server)“, continue to the next step otherwise disable proxy from Network Settings.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error 8024601C should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.