This document explains how to fix Microsoft Windows error code C8000643 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updates were not installed. Failed: 55 updates Error(s) found: Code C8000643 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows update.dll, version: 5.3.0525.92090
Exception code: 0xa07g123d
Fault offset: 0xe08f377g
Faulting process ID: 0×754
Faulting application start time: 0x800c2b66090148
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: g8e14e49-1235-33d5-9885-5755ebe5c237
Also Known as
fehler code C8000643, foutcode C8000643, fejlkode C8000643, code d’erreur C8000643, codice di errore C8000643, feil kode C8000643, cod de eroare C8000643, código de error C8000643
Cause of C8000643 Windows Update Error Code
Internet connectivity issue
Junk files location is infected with active malware
How to Resolve Windows Error Code C8000643
Step 1: Disable Windows Firewall Temporarily
1. Press Win Key + R and Type “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2:Check for system corruption
1. Press Win Key + R and Enter “CMD” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and press Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on cmd button and select “Run as Administrator”
In most cases MicrosoftWindows update error code C8000643 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.