Error Installing IE9 – ErrorCode 3715 | How to fix Steps
This document explains how to fix Microsoft IE9 error 3715 if it is not working properly or throwing an error while installing, updating or upgrading Windows.
The error message may look like: – Windows could not search for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
– Some updated were not installed. Failed: 38 updates
– Error(s) Found Code 3715 ; Windows Update encountered an unknown Error. Error(s) found: Code 3715 Windows update encountered an unknown error.
This solutions applies for following version of Microsoft Windows:
Faulting module name: Windows log.dll, version: 1.5.0841.39575
Exception code: 0xa06a220c
Fault offset: 0xc06a336b
Faulting process ID: 0×434
Faulting application start time: 0x800g9c36684691
Faulting application path: ~<userpath>
Faulting module path: ~C:\Windows\System32
Report ID: a2e27a45-2292-16e5-3391-6753efb9d147
Also Known as
fehler code 3715, foutcode 3715, fejlkode 3715, code d’erreur 3715, codice di errore 3715, feil kode 3715, cod de eroare 3715, código de error 3715
Cause of 3715 Windows Update Error Code
Windows Firewall blocking the installation
System Level Conflict
How to fix Windows IE9 Error 3715
Step 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall Setting :
1. Hold Windows Key + R and Enter “Firewall.cpl” (without quotes)
2. Click OK.
3. Click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off”
4. In Private network Setting, select “Turn off Windows firewall (not recommended)”
5. Do the same for Public Network Setting.
6. Press OK. Note: After the issue is resolved you must turn the Windows Firewall on.
Step 2: Disable any installed Antivirus/Malware/Adware Program Temporarily
Some times Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Please refer your vendors website for disabling it temporarily. Once installation is done you can activate it again.
In most cases MicrosoftWindows IE9 update error code 3715 should be resolved by following above steps. If however the issue still persists it means there is some critical issue with your system which needs to be fixed manually and is recommended to be done by an experienced Computer Technician.
You can chat one-on-one with one of our Microsoft Certified Support Representative 24/7 by clicking on the Chat button.